County Commissioner George Pretz
District 3 covers the city of Osawatomie and West Valley, Osawatomie, and Mound townships.
- Commissioner Pretz was elected to his first four-year term with the Miami County Commission in 2004
- George and wife Marjorie have four adult children, Eric, Katherine, Jon, and Mark.
- A fifth-generation Kansas farmer, Commissioner Pretz is owner/operator of Pretz Farms
- Commissioner Pretz has been and continues to be active in various community activities:
- USD 367 School Board
- Miami County Farm Bureau Board
- 4-H Leader, FAA Advisor
- Knights of Columbus
- Miami County Co-op Board
- Miami County Airport Advisory Board
- Sixth Judicial District Community Corrections Advisory Board